Countries, cultures, peoples, and customs
Last Updated: Sep 23, 2013
- Need to know how the Chinese economy functions?
- Want to know about the governmental structure of Switzerland?
- Ever wonder how the country of Palestine came to be where it is today?
- Find these answers and more with our resources for studying specific countries of the world.
- Country Studies - Area Handbook Series
Each study offers a comprehensive description and analysis of the country or region's historical setting, geography, society, economy, political system, foreign policy, and national security.
- CIA World Factbook
Provides information on the history, people, government, economy, geography, communications, transportation, military, and transnational issues for 267 world entities.
- Countries and their Cultures
Presents the cultural similarities within a country that set it apart from others... Surveys each country's shared values, behaviors and cultural variations from foods and rituals to pastimes and arts.
- Countries of the World and their Leaders
A compilation of U.S. Department of State reports on contemporary political and economic conditions, government personnel and policies, political parties, religions, history, education, press, radio and TV, climate, and other characteristics of selected countries of the world; together with travel alerts, passport and visa information, world health information for travelers, and customs and duty tips for returning residents.
- Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life
Covers cultural groups in Asia, Europe, the Americas and Africa. Each volume is organized by continent, covering history, politics, customs, religion, education, human rights issues, teen life, and more.
- Worldmark Encyclopedia of the Nations
Presents easy-to-understand information on 194 countries and dependencies from around the world. Entries discuss a variety of topics in detail, from banking and securities to climate, from government data to demographic statistics. Also includes biographical essays on national leaders.