Countries, cultures, peoples, and customs
Last Updated: Sep 23, 2013
- Need to know what a bride wears in India?
- Want to know about the New Year celebration in Ireland?
- Ever wonder how people greet each other in Ethiopia?
- Find these answers and more with our resources for studying customs around the world.
- Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life
Covers cultural groups in Asia, Europe, the Americas and Africa. Each volume is organized by continent, covering history, politics, customs, religion, education, human rights issues, teen life, and more.
- Marriage Customs of the World: From Henna to Honeymoons
Explore the rites, rituals, and iconography of weddings from around the globe. In more than 200 alphabetically organized entries, an accomplished folklorist describes the key components and beliefs related to marriage across a representative selection of the world's cultures.
- Funeral Customs the World Over
A single richly-illustrated volume, [provides] profiles of primitive, folk, rural and urban funeral and burial customs of peoples and cultures on every continent.
- Peoples of the world. The Middle East and North Africa : the culture, geographical setting, and historical background of 30 peoples of the Middle East and North Africa
A comprehensive study of differences among the ethnic groups of the Middle East and North Africa.
- Peoples of the world : Latin Americans ; the culture, geographical setting, and historical background of 42 Latin American peoples
An exploration of ethnic groups in Latin America, discussing culture, family structure, dress, nutrition, education, industry, religion, history, population, land, and climate.
- Muslim peoples : a world ethnographic survey
Gives an overview of the languages, socioeconomic patterns, religious practices, and cultural values of different Muslim groups.